Sunday, May 3, 2009

Crazy Sadie....

I had one of THOSE days...I'm sure you can all relate. I was working at home doing hair and I never know what I'm going to find when I'm done. I just had a short appointment, so I figured not a lot could happen. Little did I know...Sadie was busy dumping an ENTIRE bottle of shampoo on the couch and the rest on the carpet. She also managed to squirt MUSTARD all over the counter and her shirt from our corn dog lunch. While I was trying to figure out the carpet cleaner she managed to dump a WHOLE box of cereal on the couch. !
I couldn't believe it! After cleaning up the messes Brad finally got home and I tried to get dinner started. Sigh of relief! But much to my suprise no two minutes after I started cooking I turn around and she had squirted ORANGE CRAFT PAINT all over our beige carpet!!! Good thing I had the carpet cleaner handy! We couldn't believe this was all in one day! I finally get dinner on the table and I hear Max yell from the other room "Mom, Sadie POOPED on the floor!" Holy Cow....I don't think I can handle one more thing! Carpet cleaner to the rescue for the 3RD time today! We got the kids bathed and in bed and we both plopped on the couch and were glad the day was done....or so we thought. All the sudden we hear Sadie escaping from her crib. She walks in by the couch LIKE ITS NO BIG DEAL. We looked at each other like we were going to CRY. What a day for her to figure out how to get out of her crib! I picked her up and put her right back in the crib...she was out again 5 SEC LATER. I tried again...same result! We decided to take out the mattress and see if that made a difference...OH NO...same result! I didn't need her breaking her arm so we pulled out the toddler bed and set that up. We thought we would put a safety thing on the inside of the door so she couldn't escape. We got everything set up, kissed her goodnight and plopped on the couch. Once again...Miss HOUDINI broke the safety latch and walked right out of her room in about 5 sec. We tried it one last time with the safety knob...no dice...out she came...AGAIN!!! We give up!!
I ended up sitting by her bed and singing the Sunbeam song about 100 times before she finally fell asleep. HALLELUJAH! What a day!! I hope we never have a repeat of that day again. Here are some pics of that historical day as well as many other days that I find her into stuff! She loves writing on anything and har favorite thing is to put lip gloss, shampoo, or lotion on her face or on her hair! Despite all of that YA GOTTA LOVE HER! She just smiles at you with her BIG BLUE EYES and her SWEET LITTLE DIMPLE and you wonder how you cold ever be mad at her. WE LOVE YA SADE!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!! Seeing those marker scribbles brings back too many memories! lol it's not scribbles anymore, but we still find "Sara" or "Lyndsie" etc., written on the side of the wall, or carved into the table or the banister! of course each one of them will deny it was them! I feel for ya reading that entry :) But she is such a stinking QT! That pic of her & Max on the porch bench is so darling!